Senior Home Safety Specialist™
Course Fee: $397
“Our goal is to provide a holistic curriculum and a fresh look at many issues affecting seniors endeavoring to age safe at home.”
Approximately one-third of adults age 65 years or older fall in their home each year, resulting in injury, long-term disability and premature loss of independence. By the year 2020, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates the cost related to these kinds of injuries to be nearly $60 Billion annually. In an effort to help reduce and prevent falls and their associated costs Age Safe America now offers the Senior Home Safety Specialist™ course.
The Senior Home Safety Specialist™ course empowers professionals with actionable ways to better help educate clients, older adults and their family members on the serious issues of home safety, fall prevention, financial exploitation and personal safety. This comprehensive 6-hour self-paced audio/video course offers the only certificate of its kind to individuals within the senior services industry. This important training consists of a 10-module self-study educational program with a quiz after each section that participants must pass in order to continue. Upon successfully completing the entire course, you will receive an attractive Certificate along with a digital copy of the Senior Home Safety Specialist™ emblem for use on your social sites and marketing materials.
What is Covered in This Online Course:
– Fall Prevention Myths and Solutions
– Fire Safety Precautions and Solutions
– Aging-in Place Home Modifications
– Mobility and Accessibility Issues
– Home and Senior Safety Technologies
– Considerations for Alzheimer’s/Dementia
– Crime Prevention and Personal Safety
– Senior Exploitation, Identity Theft and Scams
– Communication with Older Adults and Family
– Performing a Complete Home Safety Assessment
There are no formal educational prerequisites for this course. The Senior Home Safety Specialist™ course
is offered to individuals currently involved in the care, comfort, safety and security of older adults including:
•Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants
•Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants
•Nurses, Home Care Providers, Personal Caregivers
•Wellness Program and Exercise Professionals
•Home Health Assistance Providers
Affiliated Professionals Including:
•Baby/Child Proofing Services
•Home Security Providers
•Reverse Mortgage Specialist
•Senior Real Estate Specialist
Trained Staff for:
•Adult Day Care
•EMS Community Relations
•Non-Profit Senior Services* (Fill out the Contact Form to request special non-profit or group pricing)
Approved for CEU’s:
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB/CAPS) 4 CEU’s (self-reporting)
The National Association of Home Builders offers courses and professional designations as well as educational seminars at the International Builder’s Show.
- Society of Certified Senior Advisors (SCSA) 4 CEU’s (self-reporting)
The Society of Certified Senior Advisors educates and supports specialists in aging who are dedicated to improving the lives of older adults.
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) 6 CEU’s (self-reporting)
NARI has nine certification programs that cover everything from general remodeling to specialty remodeling, as well as green and universal design certifications.
- Continuing Education Institute of Illinois (CEII) 5 Contact/Clock Hours (register)
CEII in collaboration with the University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine provides education and training services to professionals.
- America Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Senior Home Safety Specialist™ Course is approved for 4 of ASHI® Continuing Education Credits. ASHI promotes standards for property inspections and provides educational programs needed to achieve excellence.
Graduates are required to take a refresher course every 2 years and submit proof of 5 hours of community service at the time of re-certification. The cost of the refresher course will be $97.00
The Senior Home Safety Specialist™ course is administered by Age Safe America, LLC. Graduates of the course are neither employed by or affiliated with Age Safe America, LLC. Only those graduates who are also Age Safe America Advisor Members or Business Members have agree to a “Best Practice” Background Screening and abide by our Code of Conduct and Fair Practice.
What People Are Saying About the Course:
Certified Age Safe™ Advisor: COMING SOON!
Available to Age Safe America Advisor Members ONLY
Are you interested in joining a fast growing network of Home Safety and Property Management Advisors dedicated to protecting the 70+ million older Americans choosing to age-in-place? CLICK HERE to Learn More
Age Safe. Live Well.