Senior Home Safety Specialist™
Course Fee: $397
The Senior Home Safety Specialist™ course empowers professionals with actionable ways to better help educate clients, older adults and their family members on the serious issues of home safety, fall prevention, financial exploitation and personal safety. This comprehensive 5-1/2 hour self-paced audio/video course offers the only certificate of its kind to individuals within the senior services industry. This important training consists of a 17-module self-study educational program with a quiz after each section that participants must pass in order to continue. Upon successfully completing the entire course, you will receive an attractive Certificate along with a digital copy of the Senior Home Safety Specialist™ emblem to use in your own marketing efforts.
What is Covered in This Online Course:
– Fall Prevention Myths and Solutions
– Fire Safety Precautions and Solutions
– Aging-in Place Home Modifications
– Mobility and Accessibility Issues
– Home and Senior Safety Technologies
– Considerations for Alzheimer’s/Dementia
– Crime Prevention and Personal Safety
– Senior Exploitation, Identity Theft and Scams
– Communication with Older Adults and Family
– Performing a Complete Home Safety Assessment
Advancing Successful Aging at Home™
Approved for CEU’s:
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB/CAPS) 5 CEU’s (self-reporting)
The National Association of Home Builders offers courses and professional designations as well as educational seminars at the International Builder’s Show.
- Society of Certified Senior Advisors (SCSA) 5 CEU’s (self-reporting)
The Society of Certified Senior Advisors educates and supports specialists in aging who are dedicated to improving the lives of older adults.
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) 5 CEU’s (self-reporting)
NARI has nine certification programs that cover everything from general remodeling to specialty remodeling, as well as green and universal design certifications.
- Continuing Education Institute of Illinois (CEII) 5 Contact/Clock Hours (REGISTER)
CEII in collaboration with the University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine provides education and training services to professionals.
RN, LPN (all 50 states) PT (most states) OT (many states), SLP, SW and other credentials… please inquire
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
The Senior Home Safety Specialist™ Course is approved for 5 of ASHI® Continuing Education Credits. ASHI promotes standards for property inspections and provides educational programs needed to achieve excellence.
- International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) 5 CEU’s (self reporting)
InterNACHI® members get everything from world-class home inspection education & pre-licensing support to marketing, branding services, discounts and more!
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM)
This program for has been pre-approved by the National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM) for 5.5 continuing education contact hours and your certificate will state this along with the approval number.
- American Kinesiotherapy Association (AKTA) 5 CEU’s (self-reporting)
The AKTA mission is to to support the rehabilitative services of Registered Kinesiotherapists while promoting the health and wellness of all populations including Veterans and individuals with functional limitations.
Due to the constantly changing nature of this growing industry, the importance of consistently providing the full comprehensive home safety assessment, and to encourage ongoing continuing education, graduates are required to take a short refresher course every year. The cost of re-certification and the refresher course will be $49.00
The Senior Home Safety Specialist™ course is administered by Age Safe America, LLC. Graduates of the course are neither employed by or affiliated with Age Safe America, LLC. Only those graduates who are also Age Safe America Advisor Members or Business Members have agree to a “Best Practice” Background Screening and abide by our Code of Conduct and Fair Practice.
Much of the coursework is universal and has been taken by professionals throughout North America, Europe and the Middle East.
99% of registrants stated they would recommend this course to other professionals.