With all the other news, we seem to have missed the switch back to daylight savings time.
You may be at home more in the next two weeks so here are some action items to stay busy and stave off boredom! You can even get the kids involved, if they are home from school!
- Check and replace batteries in the smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. If the devices are more than 10 years old, simply replace them.
- Check all the light bulbs (inside and outside). Replace with LED bulbs if possible.
- Check your flashlight batteries and replace, if needed.
- Check your first aid kit and your emergency kit for expired items and replace.
- Replace your furnace filter and schedule seasonal service.
- Clean the oven and stove.
- Re-organize the pantry and discard expired items.
- Re-caulk the shower or tub.
- Clean out the dryer filter vent.
- Check out the following items in your car:
- Windshield wipers
- Tire pressure
- Emergency kit
- Update your computer virus scanner.
- Review your homeowner’s insurance.
- Update the family emergency plan.
Let’s make the best use of our time around our homes with positive steps toward safety!
Stay Calm, Be Proactive and Age Safe®